Saturday, August 11, 2012

Objects have to be arranged


I was feeling a bit frustrated with the water and reflection shots.  So I set up the old "cezannesque" still life again.  By that I mean the multi-layer tilted surfaces with the textured cover.  Cezanne didn't invent the idea but he made extensive use of it in his many still life paintings.

I find the various elements involved like painting a picture in many ways.  The objects have to be arranged exactly and the colour and form must be harmonized.  It's odd but a few millimetres to the left or right completely alters, and often ruins the picture. Go figure

The danger is that one can start to repeat the same theme, so the added challenge is enough change to move forward.

I change up the fruit and flowers as often as I can to modify the composition and colour.

No comments:

Search This Blog