Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tulips....part 7 epilogue





I really intended the last tulip blog to be the last tulip blog.  I emptied out the vase of water, laid the tulips out on the table for one last look, as I dismantled the still life.

Then it occurred to me that the tulips were both themselves lying in the final state (dead), as it were, and a kind of memorial.  For some reason we always put flowers on graves.  I had never thought about why.  So it occurred to me to do one last few shots of the tulips en soi (as themselves deceased) and pour soi (as memorial to themselves) , as Sartre might have said, and it just seemed best in colour.  They really were intense at the very end.
Bravo tulips!







BTW if you'd like to look at or purchase my latest photo books, they are here:  Tools and Silhouettes

No comments:

Search This Blog